Monday, November 8, 2010

Red Velvet Cake Balls

These are SO delish!! Even without being dipped in chocolate! I have been eyeballing these babies for *weeks* now and the other day I finally made the time to try them out. It was so much easier than it looked. I definitely see more of these...maybe even more detailed...in my near future. :)

**Pictures are added at the end of the instructions**

Here's what you'll need:


  • 1 box of Red Velvet Cake
  • 1 can of Cream Cheese frosting
  • Dipping Chocolate ( I used 2 boxes of Baker's Premium White Chocolate Baking Squares from Krogers) 
  • 13 x 9 pan (for cake)
  • cooking spray
  • something to hold cake balls ( I used the HEFTY EZ FOIL Oven Rack Liner...you don't have to use this though if you have an alternative space for them) 
Follow the box directions for preparing the cake. Once the cake is *completely* cool, crumble fine in a large bowl. Add the can of cream cheese frosting. I used my hands for this part, it was super messy but also so much easier than when I tried using a spoon. Either with a small ice cream scoop or with your hands ( I used my hands) make small quarter-sized balls; place on Rack Liner. This recipe made 49 for me. Place in the refrigerator and let chill till hard. For this, I honestly let it set a day or two just because I became busy with other things. (Meanwhile everyone...including myself...felt the need to steal one for a quick, sweet snack. Let me just say they are *amazing* without the chocolate! I even put a few aside instead of dipping.) Once they are hardened (not gooey) place the chocolate squares in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, remove, stir and "cook" for another minute. Stir until completely melted (**Be careful here!!! I know this may seem silly to add as a reminder but I ended up burning myself so make sure you have something to grab the bowl safely!!**) Next, using a spoon, your fingers, or a long-stemmed fondue fork, dip the balls into the chocolate making sure you cover each one entirely and place back on the Oven Rack. Once all the cake balls are dipped, place back into the fridge until chocolate hardens. I let it sit over night. Now, enjoy!!! 


 Here is a picture of me dipping the cake balls in the chocolate. I apologize for it being blurry; Hubby took this pic.



Here is a picture of a couple of the cake balls post-dipping, just to give you an idea of how many this recipe makes (minus about 5 that we ate!) as well as what they look like dipped. 




Ok, so I know this is not a great picture but here I'm covering the holes left by the forks by just dribbling a tad bit of chocolate over the holes. Can't even see it! :)













Here is a close up of these bad boys all dipped and waiting to have a bite taken out of 'em!! I have to say, separately the white chocolate and the cake balls are both pretty sweet...but when you combine the two the white chocolate actually balances the sweetness out. SO GOOD!!!









[[This recipe was courtesy of Bakerella's website. To find this and other Cake Ball recipes, visit www.bakerella.com and fall in love! :) ]]

0 comments:

TamTam's Cook Spot   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP